Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chapter Seven

Pavlov's experiment is something that has been an interest to me for a long time. It is also something that happens quite frequently in everyday life. The best example would be my old dog, and my cats. Anytime my dog would hear the food bag being opened he would rush into the kitchen. This was useful for getting him in there if he needed to take his medicine or something along those lines. It was also quite annoying when we were just moving the food and then he would run in thinking it was dinner and getting underfoot. My current cats both do it when they hear either dry food being moved, or a can of cat food being opened.

Conditioned stimulus for food is something else that I'm quite familiar. I get food poisoning almost every year, and as such there are a lot of foods I'm incapable of eating. Among those foods are King Crabs, Oysters, and Lobster with butter. Unfortunately, most of the foods I've gotten food poisoning are sea foods, so this has cut down on the amount of sea food I'm now capable of eating

1 comment:

  1. Good connection to your life, but not enough of a connection to the material. For example, what kind of stimulus was it? What about the response? There were also some minor grammar issues.

    Delivery-2
    Relevance-4
    Expression-4
    Knowledge-2

    ReplyDelete