Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chapter 3

Two things that I found in chapter three that really related to my life were selective attention, and the ability to dual process. Dual processing is something that I use every day. The most recent instance of this would be driving home from work today. I was able to drive back from work while not really paying attention to the road because I know it so well. While I was driving I was able to review what happened at work today. But, when another car pulled out in front of me I was able to snap back to driving almost instantaneously.

Selective attention is something that I use quite a bit while I read. I'll always read with some type of white noise going on, be it the t.v. or music. However, I really don't hear it because I focus in on the book so much. Several of my friends will have to try quite hard to gain my attention if I'm reading the end of a book and really don't want to be interrupted because it is so good.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, but relate this to the material more. What does the book say about selective attention and duel processing? What is going on during those processes?

    Delivery-4
    Relevance-4
    Expression-4
    Knowledge-2

    ReplyDelete